Main tasks and areas of responsibility
- Safeguarding of commercial and political interests in relation to the European Union and other international associations and organisations.
- Co-operation with national and international authorities and organisations.
- Exercise of direct negotiation and consultation rights towards public authorities.
- Communication and image-building activities.
- Joint sales promotion for milk and dairy products, including school milk and nutrition.
- Product legislation, environment and quality.
- Co-ordination of dairy industry research and development.
- Veterinary conditions and raw milk quality.
- Administration of the milk quota scheme.
- Administration of the Milk Levy Fund and the Dairy Rationalisation Fund.
- Preparation of industry statistics.
To contribute to creating and ensuring the best possible development potential for the Danish dairy industry in Denmark and abroad.
- To support a competitive Danish dairy industry, which fetches the best possible earnings in the market.
- To contribute to the ongoing internationalisation of the Danish dairy industry.
- To be the national and international centre of competence of the Danish dairy industry.
- To commit to community health promotion, focusing on milk as an important constituent of the Danish diet.
- To contribute to maintaining a high status for the industry in the minds of the consumers as well as a high level of processing and development.
- To be an attractive and modern place of work, which develops and challenges the competencies of each individual employee.